Sometimes I stumble upon a fabric swatch or print that I look at and just know it's going to become a Moolk garment. Unwaveringly, without a doubt, a gut 'knowing' it's meant to be.
This was one of those fabric swatches. And the dress it blossomed into? Yeah, she's a statement piece alright.
The Emilia Dress is exquisitely feminine but has a fun, whimsy side as well.
Featuring a drop-waist, button-front and all the floaty fabric! Not keen on the drop-waist? No worries! Add a belt, flounce the waist over the belt and voila! You have a whole new style of dress (see the last photo of Lauren to see it belted in action!).
- Dark navy blue base with dusty pink, blue, neutrals print
- Faux coconut shell buttons for feeding access
- Drop waist style
- No stretch to fabric
- 100% Rayon (high quality, prewashed and shrunk before construction)
- See "About the Fit" tab for more sizing advice
Fit: In between sizes for your bust measurement? You can size down in this style. Phoebe's bust is inbetween a 14 and 16 and you can see the 14 fits her bust with some room to move.
Length: Size 6 measures 140.2cm from shoulder to hem. Add 0.8cm per size.
Bust: Semi-tailored with room to move.
Waist: Room to move.
Hips: Floaty and free!
Bra advice: Any nursing bra suits this style.
Fabric: 100% rayon (high quality, prewashed and shrunk before construction).
Model 1: LAUREN
Pictured wearing size: 8
Normally wears size: 8
Bra size: 10A
Model 2: PHOEBE
Pictured wearing size: 14
Normally wears size: 14
Bra size: 12/14E
- ▼Wash Instructions
- 100% rayon
- Cold gentle machine wash in a delicates bag
- Wash with similar colours
- Do not bleach, soak, rub or wring
- Ease into shape
- Line dry in shade
- Do not tumble dry
Rayon does need some TLC, including a light iron (on low temp) if you can't tend to the load straight after the cycle has finished. Or even better, a quick steam and your dress will look like new again.
- ◄Caring for Rayon
We’ve come up with a mum-proof way to care for your Rayon:
- Place garment in a delicates bag. Why? Rayon is weakest when wet. Add it to a drum full of clothes, from denim to cotton, and the friction from rubbing against these rougher fabrics can weaken rayon over time.
- The care instructions might say “hand wash only”, but ain’t nobody got time for that! So this blog is permission to wash your Moolk item in a garment bag on a cold, delicate cycle (as low as 400rpm if your machine allows). We must emphasise COLD and DELICATE cycle.
- Use a gentle washing liquid or powder. Avoid using fabric softener or laundry booster. And definitely do not soak your garment.
- Once it’s been through a wash cycle, gently shake out your garment. To dry, it’s best to lay it flat to avoid warping. Use a bench, clothes horse or any flat area (even the grass!), just pop a towel underneath while it dries. After laying flat, gently pull the garment into it’s original shape.
- After air drying, we highly recommend steaming the garment to help the fibres relax and voila - your rayon will come up roses!
Standard Post: $8 flat rate (AusPost Parcel Post 2-6 business)
Express Post: $12 flat rate (AusPost Express Post 1-2 business days)
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING on orders over $150* excludes 'Winter' items. (automatically applied at checkout. Applies to Australian orders only)
NEW ZEALAND SHIPPING
$12 flat rate (standard tracked 3-10 business days)
$16 flat rate (express tracked 2-4 business days)
All NZ orders are sent via Australia Post which includes full tracking.
Please note: Moolk does not cover the cost of custom fees/ import duties into NZ.
At this time, we do not ship to other international countries. Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you'd like a shipping quote to your country.
We dispatch orders daily (Mon-Fri) from our Brisbane warehouse.
Orders placed before 12pm AEST will be dispatched same day. Orders placed after 12.01pm will be dispatched next business day.
PLEASE NOTE: During sale periods and new releases, there will be a 2-3 business day delay in dispatching orders. We thank you for your patience mamas!
All orders are shipped from Brisbane, Queensland.
- ◄Returns Policy
If you change your mind or aren't 100% happy, you can return your items within 15 business days (3 weeks from the date your parcel arrives) for a store credit.
Unsure about sizing? You now have the option to order two sizes in the same colour AND style and return one size that isn't your preferred fit for a full refund.
Please read our full returns policy before checking out.
Full Returns Policy
- ◄First-Hand Size Advice
Still stuck on what size to choose?
Why not join our Moolk Mama Community and ask mums who have tried and tested Moolk for their first-hand size + fit advice.
You'll be welcomed into a community full of the kindest mamas, of all shapes and sizes, sharing their fave Moolk buys and styling inspo.
It's a supportive and safe space to share selfies, and shower each other with compliments and encouragement. You're sure to get a confidence boost!
Come Join Us!